Saturday 9 February 2013

Half a Year... Already?!

Today is Zacharey's 1/2 birthday.
Today marks 6 months of exclusive breast feeding.
 Today marks the first time he has anything other than breast milk in his mouth. No medicine, no vitamin drops, no formula. Nothing but breast milk.
It made me very sad, more sad than it should have to feed him 'real' food. Avocado. I realize I am being a total head case, but we have worked so hard to reach 6 months of exclusive breast feeding. It has not been easy, it still isn't easy. His latch still sucks. It hurts, a lot! I often have white nipples when he is done feeding (yes, I realize that is total TMI).

His first taste of food was funny to watch. We have decided that Baby Led Weaning works best for our family, so I  halved an avocado, and cut it into good sized chunks and let him go.
He had no idea what to do with it. He would pick it up, put it down, pick it up again and squish it. Not once bringing it to his mouth. Which is odd as EVERYTHING goes in his mouth. I ended up picking up a piece and eating it to show him.
I wouldn't say he enjoyed this process, but I wouldn't say he hated it ether. It was just very new to him and nothing like a boob!





















6 months old
Unknown weight

Zacharey has met a lot of milestones this month. He can now fully sit up on his own, he can get up onto his knees and he can pivot and move around the floor (ether by scooting or rolling). I think he will be crawling very soon. He has also discovered that he can splash when in the bath sink.
He is still super serious, will smile a lot but not laugh too often. You really have to work for him to laugh.

He has his 6 month weigh in on Monday. I am already anxious (have been for days). I know he will not be double his birth weight. Although, doesn't the birth weight being on the heavy side account for anything? Double his birth weight would be 17lbs 4oz. Would that not be a HUGE 6 month old?! Even doubling his lowest weight of 7lbs 14oz would put him at 15lbs 8oz. Which is a little easier to achieve. I am hopeful that he has put on at least a pound. He looks bigger and feels heavier. Although I have thought the same thing in the past and it turned out he has gained next to nothing. *sigh*


Happy 6 months Zacharey <3

No comments:

Post a Comment