Thursday 28 February 2013

Formula Pushers

I am so sick of reading, and re reading awful advice being given to mothers.
It makes my insides scream.
An infant's belly only holds so much milk. A minuscule amount.
Infants born to mother's who have had IV fluids, are heavier than what they would have been.
Even one ounce of formula will cause supply issues.
The amount of milk pumped has ZERO indication of the amount of milk you make.
Infants need to be fed frequently, and wake frequently. This does not mean they are not getting enough milk or that they are starving.
There is no such thing as a perfect baby weight, no should bes, no could bes.
Every baby grows and develops at their own rate, gains weight at their own rate.
So stop fucking pushing formula.
End rant.

2 comments:

  1. I agree about formula and the often feeding. Unfortunately I was unable to produce milk. It saddens me as I wanted so bad to breast feed. I did all natural birth and wanted nothing in my babies. However with formula I still believe in small doses more often. Didn't care if that meant up every couple hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not anti formula, it defiantly has its place. I am anti formula pushers.
    I am anti BAD advice given to mothers.

    ReplyDelete