Thursday 17 January 2013

A Year In Review

 I feel like I should do a year in review.
The good, the bad and the ugly.

Yesterday was my birthday.
Adam bought me breakfast and coffee at Tim's. And a donut that he put a candle in. A number five candle. It works right? haha
We got a sitter and left all three boys with her. Clearly she is super brave. It was really hard leaving Zacharey. I was bawling by the time I made it to the van. I obviously knew he would be okay, and I had more than enough pumped milk for him if he was hungry. It was just hard.
Adam scored some free movie tickets at work so we went to see This Is 40. Hilarious. We spent 98% of the move laughing our asses off.

In the past year, 25 to 26 were quite eventful. (so not in chronological order)
I met two of the most amazing women (my midwives)
I reconnected with some old friends and established strong relationships
I drank a lot of coffee
Alex was assessed for Autism after being on the waiting list for YEARS
We bought a van (in case you were curious, buying a van the month before you are due to have a baby is a bad idea. It is also stupidly stressful)
I was thrown a beautiful baby shower
We had a baby
Nathaniel started Kindergarten
Zacharey has had loads of weight gain successes and not so great gains
Zacharey had his tongue tie partially clipped (I am sooo so so so sooooo sorry!!)
I drank a lot more coffee
I discovered I can comfortably live off of 4 hours of sleep
I have a love hate relationship with breast feeding- but am 5 months in and there is no end in sight!!
I said some things I can't take back
I have texted some things I can't take back
I need to learn how to swallow my pride and let go of things
We lost Adam's mother and miss her dearly
I got the opportunity to meet several of Adam's family members, some I thought I would never meet.
I discovered drinking coffee with a neighbour at 11 at night is really fun, way more fun than sitting up alone with a very awake baby. Plus he would usually conk out on the walk home.

I need to learn how to not sweat the small stuff, and that no matter how hard I try, I can't plan for everything.


Until next time!

2 comments: